the present, the future, and the past

Friday 12 August 2005

A Place of Acceptance


A Place of Acceptance
Originally uploaded by  Smaragd.

Bellingham, Washington.

Great photo-editing. Vivid colours.

Intriguing space.

Hotel Laube building in Bellingham, Washington. This building currently houses the 3B Tavern.

Those who regularly have watched my photo stream over time might notice I'm doing more photos in color, and am producing images that are more colorful and saturated than before. This is the influence of Special, who has really inspired me to become more skillful with colors.

I'm regularly using a process which simulates the look of a print from Velvia film, boosting the intensity and saturation of colors in a very particular way. I'm also spending more time working with individual channels, to produce the best range and brilliance in color. And finally, I'm often switching to Lab color mode and tweaking the lightness channel. In general, I'm just giving photos more time and attention than I used to, and I've gained a lot of knowledge which is serving me well.

And please bear in mind that I'm somewhat red-green colorblind. That makes working with colors a difficult, imprecise thing for me.">

No comments:

Blog Archive

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page

the present, the future, and the past